Monday, March 24, 2008

Gettin my blog on...

Clint: Ever since I heard the term "BLOG" (Web + Log) I have been very interested in getting in the game. I have long told people to "read about it in my blog" or, "I'll be posting that on my blog", or "throw a couple of blogs on the fire" but now I am finally here getting my blog on. I thought for my first posting I would pick up the "story of us" where Elle left off...

In the interest of time, I'll spare many of the details. We're happy to share the long version at a later date, or you can just wait for the movie, in which Elle will be played by:





Catherine Zeta Jones


And I will be played by:

Burt Reynolds.

But thats neither here nor there. We met on Valentines Day, hit it off immediately and between Salt Lake and Las Vegas, spent everyday together that she was here. Then she went back to Australia and we kept in contact via telephone, email, IM, and text message for the next 5-6 months while we "dated other people". I finally decided to book a ticket for Australia. When I called to tell her, she told me that she was excited and that she also had some news for me: "I'm engaged!", she tells me. Well, that was a real kick to the crotch, but I ended up going anyway and meeting up with Elle...and her Fiance'. To make a long story short, when I left we had decided to give "us" a shot. A month later she came back to Salt Lake and on December 28th we got engaged and on March 13th we got married. Moral of the story: "Faint heart never won fair lady".

7 comments:

Daren Jepson said...

This is a fantastic story, and no one could act it out better than Burt Reynolds (with the exception of Emilio Estevez).

I am so glad you two have entered the married world. We have plenty of memories to make. Lets see some pics of little Liam, I think Dawson and Liam are going to be good buddies.

Matt , Allie, & Kate said...

Welcome, Stallings. Its about time you got your blog on.
Can I be e-friends with you?

The Murdocks said...

Clint, it's Stacie, I'm thrilled I found your blog! Now I can spy on you all the live long day. I'm quite obsessed with the way you tell your stories...so don't mind me checkin in. Congrats on the wedding, your wife is beautiful!!
p.s. It was wonderful seeing you at the Mayfield's wedding...you were quite the treat.

chelsea and Jeremy said...

Hey clint congrats on getting married. she is beautiful.

Tamara Jacobs said...

Woohoo! I'm glad you two are professional bloggers now. So, when is your movie coming out?...do you think me and todd could be fill ins? (or whatever they're called?:) We'll have to get together for a bbq or somethin fun soon...

Lindsey said...

Clint! I saw you added your family into the blog world from Tam's blog. When Tam told me you were getting married, and to such an awesome lady, I WAS SO EXCITED for you!! I hope you are doing well. You look so happy. AND she is GORGEOUS!! WOWSERS!!! Happy Marriage!! AND CONGRATS!!!

Jenn and Seth Phillips said...

Holy Cow are you kidding me... that's an awesome love story and very romantic, oh and welcome to the blog world it really is awesome and your wife really does look like Catherine Zeta Jones