Monday, November 17, 2008

Family Loss



I have some really sad news about my Aunt Tahirih. She tragically passed away early Sunday morning in her home. Here is a little about what happened. To best describe the loss. I guess I don't have the strength re-tell it in my own words...so this will do for now.

Firefighters found a woman's body early Sunday morning in a house fire in the Village of Pewaukee. Tahirih Missaghi, 44, was found upstairs in the home at 372 Park Ave., according to the Village of Pewaukee Police Department. The fire was first reported at about 6:59 a.m. by a passerby on Park Avenue, according to the Pewaukee Fire Department. City of Pewaukee Assistant Fire Chief Kevin Bierce said officers who first arrived at the scene encountered heavy smoke and fire. Firefighters were able to enter the home soon after, and then discovered Missaghi’s body. The fire took about 90 minutes to control.

The fire, not considered suspicious, started in a crawl space beneath her home in the 300 block of Park Ave. The cause of the fire was still being investigated this morning.
The fire was reported shortly before 7 a.m. Sunday, and the single-family structure was engulfed in heavy smoke and flames, a Fire Department official said. No nearby homes were damaged. Missaghi was the only person found in the home, a fire official said.


We will miss her and I am blessed to say that I was able to spend time with her last week. She was generous and caring with her close family and friends. She loved to have a fun time and was always in a mood to have fun and try something new. She stayed with us in July and she really enjoyed her time here in Salt Lake City and St. George and was able to experience the LDS church and family lifestyle with the Stallings family. She will be in our prayers and thoughts. We love you Tahirih. May you rest in peace.

Stallings Family.


Fox News

http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7877875&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Todays TMJ4 Local News
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/34546314.html?video=pop&t=a&brand=mkevideo

9 comments:

Jesse and Kimmie said...

We are so sorry for your loss. Your family is in our prayers. We love you guys!

Emily and beau.......ardie too said...

we love you guys elle. if you want me to take liam for the day im more then willing. talk to ya later:)

Tamara Jacobs said...

Elle, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you are doing okay.

Allie said...

Elle,
I am so sorry. I will pray for you and your family through this difficult time.

Allie

Todd said...

Elle and Clint, I'm so sorry that you have lost such a special person in your life. I pray that you'll receive the comfort and strength you need. My prayers are with you.

bonnie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. This must be such a difficult time for you and your family. We will keep you in our prayers.

Nate & Lindsey said...

Elle, we are here for you and would love to help in any way. I am so happy that you were able to spend some time with her and be a good example to her as well. We love you so much!!!

Nate and Lindsey

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss...She was really something...she had a tough life and I am sure she is with her creator now for she experienced more than any soul should have to on this earth.. God Bless your family and God Bless Tahirih, a flower was she...

Elle Stallings said...

Thank you, we appreciate it. She did not deserve a lot of what she experienced through out her life, but she was a fighter and she loved her family very much. We love her and miss her dearly. I just know that she is in good hands and in a much better place. Thank you again for your sincere words means a lot to us.