Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Life can pass you by...


Last week I had the chance to get to the Temple, I feel really grateful that I had the opportunity to leave Liam with my mother-in law and sister-in law Amy for an hour. I know not everyone can do that. That’s just one of the reasons why I love my family so much, even though I don’t have my own mother and siblings here, my in-laws always make me feel like their own. They are the best in-laws you could ever ask for really. I love them all!

Anyway, I woke up early in the morning with a lot on my mind and I had a strong urge to get to the Temple and usually I go with family or Clint. But I just couldn’t wait. I was finally at the Temple doors when I suddenly saw newlyweds having their pictures taken with family and the amazing mountain scenery behind them as a back drop. I noticed that I exhaled and then smiled for a few reason’s ; one because I would give anything for a split second to go back to my wedding day and do it all over again for the sheer experience and the wave of emotions of being sealed to your husband for all eternity (and putting on my wedding dress *wink*). And two, what would I have done different since that day… and a flood of thoughts, conversations, flash backs came back. The year has gone really fast and I wish things would slow down well life that is. So I can devour it more and take it all in but we all know that’s not how it happens. The only thing I can do is start as of today and not let the days fly by.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Ah Elle we love you to!!! I like this post! I am excited to go to the temple tomorrow!!

Jesse and Kimmie said...

Thank you so much for that post. I really needed that! Hope you and the little bun in the oven are doing great! Love ya!

Lety said...

I love going to the temple by myself too. I so wish I could get married again! Doing it all over again would be so fun.
Fun memories!

Emily and beau.......ardie too said...

Elle this was a nice poast..i needed uplifting. i cant beleve you guys only got married a year ago. its cute...you little newly weds you:)

Emily and beau.......ardie too said...

Elle this was a nice poast..i needed uplifting. i cant beleve you guys only got married a year ago. its cute...you little newly weds you:)

Nate & Lindsey said...

I think that all the time. One more wedding day with Nate couldn't hurt! *wink* That is a beautiful picture of the temple.