Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of Pre-School

Liam started pre-school on Tuesday, we are all so excited about this. He has been asking me since the start of summer if he could go to school "Mum, when can I go to school", "I want to go to school today". This has been one of the biggest highlights of the year and summer.

So of we went to pick out a new back pack a toss between spider man and speed racer. We had a little melt down (tantrum) at Target during this, as he really wanted a lighting mcqueen soap dispenser in the bathroom section (cause we happen to walk by them) so he ditched the back pack, well threw it on the ground. He had no clue what he was even holding (frustrating!). But it didn't matter, cause it had lighting mcqueen on it. We left Target empty handed, I wasn't having any of that. I kept saying "to bad, to sad, now you don't get anything". Was this the best way to start the school year? I think not. In the end I just surprised him with a Speedracer back pack and he loves it.

On the first day, he was nervous and didn't want to go to class, he kept clinging on to my legs. It was so weird, if anyone knows Liam it is weird cause he is really social and wants to be with other kids all the time. But in the end he was fine and when he came he couldn't stop talking about it.

He starts at 9.30am and finishes at 12pm, 2 days a week. Teacher Pat has been teaching pre-school for 35 years, she has two helpers. He has already made a friend, Easton. Which really helps. They have nearly the same B'day (1 day apart), he is so cute.

I can't believe it, my little boy has started pre-school. I mean, I remember when he was born, like it was the other day, I really need to just enjoy everyday cause one day he'll be going away to College. We love you Liam, we are proud of you.




Pretty Excited!



All grown up



Noah riding along with us to school

3 comments:

Brad Jen Parker Max & Bron said...

Hey we go to a Teacher Pat who has been teaching for that long too, is it Mehler Pre-school?? In Sandy...?

Clint and Elle Stallings said...

Yes that's right. Mehler Pre-school in Sandy I think she might be well known cause nearly everyone I've spoken to somehow has heard of her.

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

i loved the target story! so true to reality elle, i felt like i was in the isle with you going 'GET US OUT OF HERE" and i must say that the pictures are adoreable....loved the schol clothes, and noah on the big ride to school! so cute:) congrats liam you big boy!!