Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What I Love Right Now



I can't get enough of Ina Garten, she is by far one of the best 'natural' cooks I've seen. By natural I mean, she does everything so effortlessly. She makes the meals look easy and best of all her recipes get me excited about cooking. I must admit there has been plenty of times where I have been sitting on the couch watching her cook something amazing and start to drool. Then I stand up, and think right that's what I'm making tonight! Well guess what I did tonight. I made her unbelievable, super delicious, amazing pizza dough. Up until now I was making my own dough recipe that was passed down to me by my Sicilian friend Maria back in Australia. Well my friends (sorry Maria) no more boring pizza dough for this pizza loving family.

We started this family tradition about 6 months, I make the dough and Clint makes the pizzas. We love it. So about once a week we make our own yummy pepperoni, mushroom and black olives toppings pizzas. And if you want to catch the Barefoot Contessa she is on the food network everyday at 11.30am (cable).

Best Pizza dough recipe eva! Enjoy...

Pizza Dough

  • 1 1/4 cups warm (100 to 110 degrees F) water
  • 2 packages dry yeast
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 3 tablespoons good olive oil
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
For the dough, combine the water, yeast, honey, and olive oil in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add 3 cups flour, then the salt, and mix. While mixing, add 1 more cup of flour, or enough to make a soft dough. Knead the dough on low to medium speed for about 10 minutes until smooth, sprinkling it with flour, if necessary, to keep it from sticking to the bowl.

Here is how it turned out...


2 comments:

Lisa Nielsen said...

That looks so yummy! I love your tradition. I have been looking for a good pizza dough recipe, so I'll have to try it out. Now I'm craving pizza!

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

wow i was just talking about her last night!? we have weird connections like that..the nicole richie hair and now her? freeky elle we are sisters separated at birth:)