Friday, October 16, 2009

I Ache for the Ocean




I really do miss the beach. Gone are the days when I felt the urge to see the ocean and all I had to do was drive 5 minutes down South Road or head downtown to Geelong and there it was. I use to do this often. I felt like it this morning when I woke up and had that feeling where I needed to be close to the sea air and smell the seaweed that had been washed up on the sand. I don't think I took it for granted. I was there nearly everyday. Liam loved it too. I will return someday, the best part is I'll have 3 amazing people to share it with.

Back then this was also my favorite quote, I don't know who its by, I found it in a magazine.

It is a beautiful world. And yet, there is only one thing of value: Being close to the ones I love. They are the shells that protect me, the air on which I fly and the straw on which I fall.


Half Moon Bay was my fav beach about a 5 min drive from my place



Half Moon Bay - Best sun baking spot I think, really clean and gorgeous views



Geelong Beach


Great Ocean Rd (15-20 mins away from Geelong)


Great Ocean Rd (20 mins away)



Geelong Beach



Liam (14 months)

He loved the beach


He would run straight in


Lorne (near Geelong)




Oh how I miss you.... seaweed

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

come visit me...i'll take you to the beach!

Lisa Nielsen said...

Oh my gosh Australia is beautiful!!! I want to go there some day. I also love the beach...why can't Utah be by the ocean!? Liam is such a cutie playing on the beach.

Stephanie said...

How awesome that you have all this history in such an amazing place! It looks incredible! I am glad you shared. I know I would miss living so close to the beach.

Rick and Alexis said...

Oh my goodness! I love it. I miss the beaches too althought I didn't see as many or experience them like you did! You are gorgeous.

bonnie and tyler said...

So pretty!! Liam is such a cute boy!

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

Loved it my friend. go to the beach this summer, take those babies and let them play! i cant wait to take arden!! the ocean is my favorite place in this world:)

Tamara Jacobs said...

what beautiful pictures. i love that quote that you shared.