Sunday, November 29, 2009

THE BIG 30

On the 25th of November I celebrated my 30th. I still have trouble saying it. Somehow the age 30 snuck its little head into 2009. I remember dreaming about this time in my life when I was in my early 20's. What I would be doing, where I would living and how many kids I would have. Maybe not the last one, more like who I would be wearing. Apart from finding the odd white hair, I think I've done pretty well for myself. A great looking husband, who makes me laugh out loud at least 3 times a day. 2 handsome boys, a wonderful family (on both sides), my health and I have great friends that I love spending time with.

I think with age I would say definitely comes wisdom and confidence. I make better choices based on my experiences and mistakes. (Except when you start becoming technologically challenged and you delete a whole post: Viva Las Vegas *pissed*).
But I don't take crap from anyone. I just walk away from it. Not fight it. No, that's not true, if I know I'm right I usually fight. And I usually get what I want and I don't mean materialistically, I mean my gorgeous husband, my-in-laws, my friends. I prayed for them all and one day, they where in my life. So I would say that I sometimes have my very own Genie, but I have unlimited wishes. All I need to do, is dig deep and find my next goal. Its that easy. Because I know that somehow things have a way of working out for me. By choosing the right. That lesson took me about 10 years to figure out. At the ripe age of 25, I knew 'my way' wasn't working, so I thought I would give this God thing a go. To my surprise, I landed here. Not bad huh?




Mum bought me this hat and Emily bought the coat while we where shopping!


I kept low key on my actual Birthday, I mean you can't beat Las Vegas right?
We went to the Planetarium with Liam's pre-school. We didn't go watch the movie. Instead, Mum and I went shopping at the Gateway. After wards, we met up with Emily and Arden at the Olive Garden for a delicious lunch. I didn't take pictures cause it was crazy with 3 kids.



My little Noah



That night, we met up with a couple of good mates for dinner at Cafe Rio.
The plan was to go Ice Skating after dinner, but we hit the Mall instead.

Thank you everyone for making this year the best I've ever had!
Especially to my Mum, we got to celebrate it together.


5 comments:

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

happy birthday my friend!! you didnt ice skate??-we need to go asap lets make a group date this winter for sure:)
you look beautyfull love ya

Sheryl said...

not bad at all. you're beautiful. happy birthday.

LB said...

Elle Happy Birthday again. I'm glad you let me spend just a little while with you. You guys look HOT... but then again... what's new?!

Jacelle said...

Well you look 30 going on 19. Happy late Bday though!

andy'n'jess said...

Hey Happy be-lated birthday! It looks like you had a great day! You are so cute, and I love the pictures of little Noah. You have such a cute family! Hope to see you soon!