Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween





We had a pretty awesome Halloween this year... Liam changed his mind on what he wanted to be about 3 times. Lets see, I want to be a Lion (check), I want to be a Fireman (check), I want to be a Skunk (not check). So, days before Halloween... Mum, I want to be a Transformer. Off I went to trusty old Walmart and found a bunch of scary looking Transformer costumes that just didn't do it for me. So I bought a cool Motorcross Rider "Transformer" costume that Liam loved. He totally bought the whole thing. When ever anyone asked him what he was - "I'm a Transformer". Me in the background mouthing "Just go with it". A little white lie isn't going to hurt his ego, right? As long he was happy and went door to door saying "trick or treat" which meant getting his favorite thing - CANDY. I was happy too.

The funniest part, while we where trick or treating he asked me to hold his pumpkin cause it was to heavy. When we got home he dumped all his candy on the floor and rolled in it like it was money. When he woke up the next morning to check on his precious candy, he said "Mum, my pumpkin isn't heavy any more", yep sweetie you ate a lot of the candy last night (and I threw a lot of it away while you were sleeping) ssshh don't ever tell him or he'll be really upset.

5 comments:

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

oh elle this is hillarious! "rolled in it like money" was my fave.
the costume worked, i had no idea it was a motor cross whatever. it looked great!

Kristin said...

HAHA!
this post made me laugh so hard.
you are one rocking mom!
tell Liam that is the best transformer costume I've ever seen.

Rick and Alexis said...

Oh how adorable! LOVE IT!

Anna said...

I would roll around in it too. Good for him. ;)
darling!!

Norm, Lisa and Cache Nielsen said...

You are so funny. I love that half of his candy was gone by morning:) I love the costumes too! So cute. Where is your costume?!