Saturday, November 7, 2009

I'm Grateful for Mums



Hey, did I forget to mention that my sweet Mummy is here from Australia visiting!!

It's been wonderful having her here, its been 3 weeks already and they have gone way to fast. I'm already becoming anxious for her departure which isn't for another 7 weeks. Maybe I can persuade her to stay until January. Don't know how smoothly that would go with Clint. I mean having your mother in law living with you for a few months can be well you know - mind boggling. But I'm loving it. It feels like having one of your best friends with you all day. We are having so much fun. We had a girls night out last Thursday and we had a ball. Let's see, my two favorites things to do: Eating and Shopping. But we didn't finish shopping till really late, next thing we know we were sitting at Chili's ordering ribs and Texas fries. I think we staggered home from eating to much at about midnight.

Here is the thing, I'll admit I do have feelings of envy whenever my friends and family talk about seeing their Mums. Sometimes, it hurts. I try to remind them how lucky they are. I also try to put the feelings aside and just be grateful that I have a Mother who is alive and loves me. Even though she is far away, I can always pick up the phone just to say hi and that I miss her. The absence has made me appreciate her in a million different ways that I never could have imagined if I hadn't of been away from her.

Thanks Mum! I love you... You have made me feel whole again. You have also reminded me of who I am and what I have achieved. I hope I never take you for granted. I can't wait to spend the rest of the Holiday season with you and our babies...








6 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

how neat that she is staying with you for so long! i know how you feel...i miss having my mom close too. have so much fun!!!xoxo

Sheryl said...

I love moms too! Yours looks like a complete doll! Cherish every moment!

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

and i love this mom of yours. elle she is such a sweetheart! im sereous when i say she needs to stay here forever. i think ill cry too when shes gone. you are lucky to have such an amazing mother.

Norm, Lisa and Cache Nielsen said...

Your mom is so beautiful. Elle, I don't know how you do it. I live away from my mom too and it is so hard...luckily mine is only 4 hours away. Enjoy every second with her! It sounds like you are having so much fun together. She probably loves seeing the sweet kids:)

Kristin said...

Your mom is darling!
SO glad you get to cherish some time with her.
Can't imagine living so far away from mine.

ANd you are gorgeous!
LOVE that wedding dress of yours...stunning!

Anna said...

Your mum is darling!
AND I hear you... miss my momma all the time. :) Enjoy her!