Monday, January 11, 2010

AVATAR at IMAX





On Saturday we went to see Avatar at the IMAX in 3D. I'm a huge fan of IMAX and anything futurestic/fantasy/alien/sci-fi well you get the picture. We have been trying to go see it for the last 3 weeks but every time we tried it was either sold out or no decent seats. Which got me even more excited!. I haven't been this excited to watch a movie since Twilight. Avatar met all my expectations and more. Truly unbelievable experience. I felt dizzy about 3 times (I loved it). If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and go see it! Make sure in 3D though. I loved the characters and the spectacular animation. The storyline will seem familiar. But who cares when you need to turn your head to see something on the other side of the screen.

James Cameron I think has a tendency to blow your mind away when ever he decides to make a movie (Titanic, Alien, Terminator), this guy even wrote the script! I'm a sucker for jaw-dropping visual affects. So he had me at 'hello', really. The only question is: How will Cameron ever top this?


Neytiri played by Zoe Saldana I think made the movie for me, she was enigmatic and real. She nailed it. Rick Sully played by Sam Worthington also I think, did an amazing job bringing his character to life. The chemistry between these two animated/fictional characters felt real. Two thumbs up for that. I can't wait to see it again!










5 comments:

Clint and Elle Stallings said...

Enigmatic?! Two thumps?

Clint and Elle Stallings said...

LOL hahaha yes Clint that's right

Rick and Alexis said...

YAY for Avatar!! I love that first picture.. you are decked out! You kind of remind me of the actress that plays the main girl alien. Cuz your so gorgeous. rickandalexis.blogspot.com

Jacelle said...

I actually have seen it twice. Loved it. Kind of want to be one.

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

Love that picture of you too:)
you are like me in the way that im camera happy:)
beau saw it, i need to go too. said it was amazing