Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!



HAPPY NEW YEAR!



We had a low key new years eve, why? We were all sick except for (Clint) with the flu. I'm still sick. Yuck! I'm so over it. Noah and Liam are doing alright, but they both have runny noses, coughs and lots of phlegm. As for me, my ears are still blocked from all the disgusting phlegm, I need to ask everyone what they are saying cause I honestly can't hear much or smell for that matter. Not the best way to start the year.

On the lighter side, we had fun with family last weekend. Friday night (nye09) we went to Clint's parents house and started the celebrations. It was so good getting out of the house. I hadn't left all week. We ate yummy food, Terri prepared a Chinese feast, egg rolls, shrimp won ton soup, fried rice and more and played awesome games. Likewise, a new one we hadn't played before, it was funny. After wards, Clint played some favorite tunes the guitar and we sang along. The kids lasted right through to midnight. I couldn't believe it. We watched the Time Square countdown with Ryan Seacrest and the kids got to bang pots and pans to make lots of noise. Liam was in heaven (lol).

Oh did I mention my Mom left Tuesday night. Her flight was delayed here in Salt Lake City, but the airline reassured her that she would make her 11pm Qantas flight to Australia. She arrived at the boarding gate and Qantas wouldn't let her on because they had already boarded! That made me really mad. She spent 24hours at LA airport. I felt really sorry for her. She finally arrived home on new years day and I think she was pretty happy to be in her own bed.


Here are our highs and lows of 2009:

  • Celebrated our 1st marriage anniversary.
  • The birth of our second son Noah (in record time I might add)
  • Clint was laid off and found a job with Grainger.
  • Fun summer. We went swimming nearly everyday and our family fun day at Cawabunga.
  • My Mom visited us from Australia
  • Celebrated my 30th Birthday
  • We went to Las Vegas to celebrate some more.
  • We all got sick the last week of December and into the New year.

I feel as though 2010 is another chance that I have been given to becoming a better wife and mother. I don't want to waste my time anymore on little things that don't matter. I usually look at other peoples lives and their accomplishments and I feel as though I have a long way to go. But than I look at my kids and I know that not a single day has been wasted and whats important is all the days still to come.


5 comments:

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

babe you do a great job as mommy, you are wonderfull.
hope the flem goes away because i miss you. get well soon:)
happy 2010

Sheryl said...

you are fabulous elle. loved the post and pictures! thanks for being my friend.

Norm, Lisa and Cache Nielsen said...

I hope you get feeling better and You are such a great girl. You are so much fun and always so sweet to me. I hope you have a wonderful new year!

Murdocks said...

I think looking at blogs can do that! There is always someone doing something I admire or something. Ok, you and Clint would be a ball to hang out with.

Jamie said...

Hey Clint and Elle!! I just saw on my sisters blog that you guys won her giveaway! I'm excited for you!! Just wanted to say hi to our matchmaker Clint!!