Friday, February 5, 2010

It's the Little Things I'm Grateful For...

The other day I was feeling really sorry for myself, everybody has those days no matter what circumstance their in. I always feel like someone else has it better then me. The lady in front of me at Walmart, the family driving past, the new friend, the list goes on and on. But the reality is that someone out there is thinking the exact same thing about you. How ironic?

Why was I feeling sorry for myself you ask, well I've had 2 sick kids for a week, plus me being sick, who knows for how long that, I've lost count of the days add a excruciating ear infection (as a result of this cruddy cold) equals me down in the dumps. I was in the shower around midday trying to feel better and this thought occurred to me, how lucky am I to be able to have a hot shower and to have my husband come home for lunch nearly everyday so I can have this small luxury. This tiny but significant thought led to many others. I came up with a list:

  • I'm blessed to have healthy children.
  • I can have a hot shower whenever.
  • I have food to eat everyday, for example if I feel like strawberries I can go anytime and get them.
  • I have family and friends that love and care about me and my family.
  • I have a home and a bed to sleep in every night.
  • My husband has a job and comes home every night safely and unharmed.
  • I'm healthy.
  • I have the ability to make decisions for myself and family.
  • I can drive whenever & wherever I want to.
  • I have a million opportunities to expand my knowledge and skills whenever I like with no restrictions.
  • I can practice my religion freely.
  • I can drive to 5 Temples within 20 min.
  • I can choose what I want to wear and how to have my hair.
  • I can read/watch/listen to anything I like.

This list can go on for a mile. What I'm getting at is, how I can take the simplest thing for granted and not realize that someone out there doesn't have these privileges like I do. Here I am feeling sorry for myself when I should be celebrating. I put an end to that right there. I'm grateful that I have the ability to do this and that in itself, I think is a gift too.

We haven't really done anything this week, except for Tuesday, I had the energy to drive to my mother-in-laws house and lie on the floor for most of the day while she tended the kids. Here are a few pics of the kiddos and no you wont see one of me, are you kidding.



Liam loves to hug (suffocate) Noah.

Noah loves to use his baby talons on Liam.

Noah 'needs' to climb everything

I love his 'moan a lot' face

Very kissable faces.

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

love this post. love you.

thanks for helping me remember.

feel better soon doll.

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

LOVE THE BOYS ELLE THEY ARE SO CUTE

Tamara Jacobs said...

thanks for your post.
i've had many of the same feelings with my kids being sick...

you reminded me to count all the things i should be grateful for.

xoxo,
tam