Saturday, March 27, 2010

I heart San Diego

I really wanted to post about my trip to San Diego back in 2007. I fell in love with this place. I have a cousin who lives there from my Mom's side. I stayed with them for about a week, I seriously didn't want to leave. I had just left the snow in Salt Lake City and I landed  at LAX  super excited because I was in California, I felt like a proper tourist wide eyed and over dressed. I was beaming with excitement. I had so much fun on this trip. I experienced down town San Diego, Old Town and La Jolla Cove.  I even made it across the border to  Tijuana, Mexico. Which was very interesting. Oh San Diego how I miss you. I can't wait to go back there someday....to live. 
{fingers crossed on that one, do you have any idea how expensive real estate is over there. don't worry I've already checked}



Old Town is amazing, full of culture and color


 I noticed the American flag is everywhere


 My cousin Mehran, best host ever.


My cousin Mehran & his wife Mojdeh, Downtown.


TO bad I didn't see any sailors.


I loved La Jolla Cove, just stunning.


There was no line to get into Mexico...


One of my best friends back in Oz, Dane. At a flea market in Tijuana.


A few of the locals wanted to be in this, crazy huh?
I seriously look like a local in this pic, minus the teeth, purse, skinny jeans


On the bridge overlooking the crazy traffic to get back into to the USA.



5 comments:

LB said...

Elle those are such Cute pictures! One day we'll go together and hey maybe just maybe we'll cross the border once again! ;)

Jacelle said...

I LOVE San Diego. Did you take the bridge to Coronado? I almost peed em. My aunt lives in Carlsbad so I frequent out there often. Can't wait to get back out there.

Krista said...

you and clint and boys are always welcome to come stay with us. i know i don't know you personally...but i'm sure i would love you!!
we should be in a house by the end of the year...fingers and toes and everything possible crossed.
is that a weird invitation? oh well.

Krista said...

p.s. if clint is the same as he was 10 or so years ago...(wow! has it really been that long? so old!!)he still jumps all over freebies.
and has no shame in making girls pay for his movies!! ha ha

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

You crack me up Krista, yes he still loves freebies. We would love that. Thanks for the invite.