Monday, April 26, 2010

Home Remedies

I've been into Natural Medicine for about 6 years. It all started in Queensland, Aussie. I lived on the Gold Coast with a couple of friends who were really into it. You could say they were hippie's slash gypsy's. Maria is Sicilian very fiery, passionate, intense and Laurel true blue Aussie sweet, funny, motherly. I love these girls. We usually had a ball what ever we did. Weather making our own pizza's or painting. It was always giggles and laughs. Maria taught me all about different herbs and aromatherapy. As for Laurel she is a licensed Kinesiologist/Naturopath. 

Naturally I was educated and they both had a million books, which I loved reading. Best part, it was all free. I learnt so much hands-on. I didn't mind being a subject either. Later on in life this free education not only helped me personally whenever I become sick but it has helped my family too. 

About 4 years ago I met one of my closest friends, Janine a Naturopath she has her own clinic in Geelong & India. I felt reunited again with familiar territory. I began working as her assistant in the clinic mixing remedies and potions I was in my element. I loved every second of it. Again, I gained knowledge that I will have for life and apply to our everyday lives for better living, naturally. When I tackle a sickness I go full pace, homeopathic's, herbs, aromatherapy until its all gone.


Maria and Laurel



Elderberry Syrup

The ingredients:
Elder Berries
Cinnamon Sticks
Cloves
Honey
 This is enough to last me the winter, each batch lasts up to 2 months in the fridge. Tastes delicious.

I've been using homeopathy/herbs/aromatherapy since Liam was a baby. That's what I love about natural medicine, no side effects. Both my babies have taken full advantage, since they were a few days old. Heck I even took the stuff right before I pushed them both out and right after wards. Miracles I tell ya.


The bottle on the left cost me $13
The bottle on the right cost me $2.
Gotta love that!

**Elderberry syrup is a common remedy for respiratory ailments, especially bronchitis.  It's a therapeutic powerhouse for the flu, as well. "Smart Medicine for Healthier Living" presents a 1995 study in which elderberry extract reduced both the severity of flu symptoms and also the duration of flu from 2-3 days in the treated group versus 6 days in the placebo group.  This is because elderberry inhibits neuraminidase, the enzyme used by the virus to spread infection to host cells.  That's very impressive, especially if you're the one trying to get back to your life.

7 comments:

melissa-brad said...

for some reason i'm outrageously intrigued with your remedies.

i'm going to pretend that all of your potions will cure my diabetes.
its worth a shot right?

no but for reals, this is cool...

Rick and Alexis said...

I'm going to be calling when my little one gets sick! I love that we can use all natural things to heal our bodies. Just like God intended!
Way to go Elle!!

Jacelle said...

My mom also makes elderberry jelly. So yum!

Norm, Lisa and Cache Nielsen said...

I am so interested in this stuff. I don't want it to consume me, but I'd love to read a book to learn more...any suggestions? You are awesome! xoxo

PS. Your boys are darling!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

Lisa, I'm glad your interested in using with Herbalism. I really like Rosemary Gladstar any of her books are pretty amazing. They are family orientated and very easy to understand. I know the library always has a stack of copies, I always borrow before I commit. To buy I would try amazon or overstock.

Norm, Lisa and Cache Nielsen said...

THANK YOU!!!!

Ashley Clark said...

Elle I don't know you well but today I was blog surfing and thought I'd see your cute boys since the last time I saw you, you were prego. Wasn't that like New Years of 2009. Wow! Anyway I saw this and fell in love. We live in Oregon where so much is available in the field of natural medicine. I've loved learning about the natural way. I'm also expecting and have the worst cold/morning sickness and feel like everything is going to my chest. I will be making this stuff today. I want my life back. You should start sharing more secrets. I'd love to hear more of what you use!!!