Saturday, June 12, 2010

Behind Every Good Man

Helping your husband take the spiritual lead at home...

I received this as a gift from my mother-in-law for mother's day. I have been thoroughly enjoying it. I really like John Bytheway's style of writing. He really puts things into perspective in a fun and quirky way. Its the type of book you can read over and over and still get something new out of it. I must admit I have personally have had a lot of Ah Huh moments. I found that having your scriptures handy, you gain a lot more pearls of wisdom. He quotes a lot of Prophets and techniques that Dr. John L. Lund uses (For All Eternity). There are some things that I need to work on and other things that I find I'm already doing and give myself a pat on the back. Overall, I don't think you would be disappointed. I would even suggest reading it with your hubby. Clint and I try to get into a habit of reading together. But sometimes its hard because 'life' can get in the way. Second time around I am definitely reading it with him. 

P.S Just started reading, the short second life of bree tanner, loving it! (SM is a darn good writier)

No comments: