Monday, May 9, 2011

Lunch Today

For some reason I felt totally exhausted after coming home from running around this morning. I gave the kids lunch and once they were done I took Noah upstairs for his afternoon nap. I put him down and walked out and gently closed his door. As I was turning to go back downstairs to clean up lunch, that's when I saw my bed. I still had my jacket and jeans on but I didn't care so I laid down and thought a mini rest will make me feel better. Before I knew it, I was drifting off. I heard Liam coming up the stairs and then going back down and then back up. I turned around and he was standing there. He said "Mum, I made some lunch for you and a plate of dessert". A bowl of pasta and a plate with diced banana, an apple and a cupcake. Instead of getting mad, I thanked him and told him that I love that he thought of me and got all my favorite things ready for me to eat in bed. It was really sweet of him. I think he just knew what I needed. He made me feel special with his small gesture. Sometimes that all I need to keep me going. I think all my hard work is slowly paying off.


Mother's Day


1 comment:

Krista said...

so sweet. you got yourself some handsome and thoughtful boys!