Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

We had a great long weekend...I think 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.
One of our friends got married Saturday night, they had a huge Polynesian wedding. We just love going to those, lots of food and traditional dancing going on. Sunday we had Church and caught up on naps. We put the kids to bed early and watched another action packed Liam Neeson movie 'The Unknown' it didn't disappoint. Monday sneaked up on us, and we were ready to celebrate America's Birthday. Everyone got together at Grandma and Grandpa Stallings house and we had a fun BBQ and the kids got to play in the pool. I love just hanging out with my family and chatting about nothing and everything. When that was over, we headed home for naps (me mainly, 2 hours!), we got the kids ready by 9.30 and drove over to Holladay City Hall park for the fireworks at 10pm. The boys were so excited... it was quite a show. We stood up and sang the national anthem 'star bangled banner' and Liam asked me to put my hand on my heart.. (I did), he kept looking back at me to make sure I kept it there (lol). The fireworks were spectacular. Overall we had a great weekend! 










No comments: