Saturday, September 10, 2011

Smores and More

My brother has been wanting to go up the canyon for a pit fire bbq and just a good ole hang out session up in the mountains all week. We went for a hike last week and he saw how many had their fires going and the smell of wood was in the air and the wheels were turning in his head. We went up on Friday with some friends and family. We tried not to make a big deal out of it, we found a pretty cool spot and set up our bbq and fire pit. It was so much fun! I love how close we are to Big Cottonwood canyon, there are plenty spots up there. We stayed till it was really dark and just toasted marshmallows and my favorite, starburts! There is nothing like sitting around a wood fire and just talking and eating sweet, sugary goodness with amazing friends. By the end of the night, the kids were so dirty, no-one even cared, they had such a great time. I like taking a little break from everything, (mobile phone) and just relaxing. I think we just might have ourselves a new family tradition!








 Happy Birthday Meindert!


2 comments:

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

That was fun! I'm glad we got to do that before the end of the summer... Thanks guys!

Aubree said...

A great night indeed. Thanks for making it happen. I've been craving roasted kidneys ever since ;)