Sunday, October 2, 2011

Conference Weekends

 I had a great opportunity to attend both the Relief Society General Conference (last weekend) and the October annual Church conference Saturday morning session. Both were just thoroughly enjoyable. Last weekend's RS women's conference gave me so much spiritual nourishment that I remember feeling my testimony grow stronger. President Uchtdorf's talk was absolutely amazing! I just love him and I adore his benign manner towards the women of the Church. My favorite line was "I want to tell you something that I hope you will take in the right way: God is fully aware that you and I are not perfect. Let me add: God is also fully aware that the people you think are perfect are not. We all know this but he put in to words perfectly. I felt like so many of my little insignificant problems were slowly lifted from my shoulders to reveal how immature and little they really are. I'm really glad I was able to share all of these moments with my good friends, Nicole is such an inspiration to me, she has a big heart and is just a beautiful person. We always run out of time talking about life but we never run out of things to talk about. 

As for the Saturday morning session for LDS General conference, oh my gosh what a whirlwind. My gorgeous friend Eliana who I met a few weeks on the New Testament movie set really wanted to go to Conference while she was here from Texas. We didn't really have time to organize tickets, so we just rocked up early Saturday morning and waited until people were giving them away. We were determined to get in. She is Argentinean, she is of full life and passion. We just hit off from the get go. She is one of the funniest people I know, mainly because she says exactly what's on her mind (like me) I love that about her. She is always on the go and up to something, seriously there is always something exciting going on when she is around.  She has this sexy accent too. She sort of reminds me of Sofia Vergara from Modern Family. I just think it's her outgoing and bright personality, and to top it off she is drop dead gorgeous. She is a Zumba instructor with a body to drool over (omg I sound like a lesbian) Ok enough about the hot body. I can only say that meeting someone you instantly have a connection with and get along like crazy only happens a few times in a life time. I know I have made a friend forever. She truly has a pure heart and I just adore her passion for everything, specially music and food! Anyway, a shout out to Eliana, I'm coming to Texas soon! For a girls weekend! 

But the conference talks again were truly inspiring in so many ways, I know its my one thing that I always look forward to in October, these men and women have prayed diligently and  have pondered over these talks for months. I have so much love and respect for everything they say. I felt very proud to belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They make me want to be a better Wife, Daughter, Mom and Christian. President Uchtdorf did it again, can he get anymore amazing! He always manages to tug at my heart. I wish I could thank him personally. But what got me most excited was when President Monson announced that they are building a new Temple in Paris, France. My heart fluttered and I know I  must go there one day. I don't why, but I just need. The feeling was so strong from the spirit that I just know I will. I've set a goal now. Hope everyone had an amazing weekend!


Nicole and Elle right after RS womens conference

Barbara, Elle, Eliana and Stephanie
General Conference Saturday morning session
We went out to Blue Lemon for Lunch
They have really yummy and healthy food!
Eliana is just a wonderful, kind and full of life kind of gal.
Inside Conference center right after were done
We showed up with no tickets, but we were on a mission and we finally got 4 tickets last minute!
I had the best time with this girl, never a dull moment, we both talk at a millions miles! Just love her!


No comments: