Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Bday in San Diego

{November 25}

This year for my Birthday, Clint surprised me with a trip to San Diego. 
I was thrilled and super excited to be spending a few warm
 days away from the cold in Utah with my man.
We both love, LOVE San Diego, we would love to move down there someday and live the dream.
We didn't want to plan to much and leave things to chance and see how we felt. 
We ended up staying in La Jolla, in a cute little quaint boutique hotel right in the middle of everything. With a balcony overlooking the ocean. It was magical. The weather was warm the air was clean. As soon as we left the airport and picked up our rental we drove straight to Del Mar beach. There was a lot of fog and it was raining a little. But we didn't care because I was on the beach!!! smelling the ocean air... We spent the next few days being tourists. It was so much fun. I think by the 2nd day we started to think about the kids lol! oops. My sister in law Amy stayed at our place and took care of our littles so we could have an amazing weekend. Thanks Amy!
We went out to dinner and ate the most delicious seafood the entire trip, no joke. I think every meal had something from the sea. Yes, I love seafood.
We had no time restrictions, nowhere to be, no whining kids. I really do think a weekend away alone is truly needed to recharge the batteries. It makes you appreciate everything a little more. 
We went to thrift store shopping, we visited the Nestman's in their new cute home, we went to Clint's work Christmas party. Anyway here are a bunch of pics from the trip. We can't wait to go back and take the kids with us and have a summer vacation there :)



















1 comment:

Krista said...

love the pics of you two! so happy you guys took a minute to stop by